Thursday 20 October 2011

Poppin yer Bubblegum

No offence to any of my lovely flatmates, but over the last few weeks since I came to university it has really been thrust into my face that many people listen solely to pop music. Pop, popular ie. culture fed to people on all fours from great troughs called TV and magazines and adverts. Chomping down these sludgy slops, it's sad to see these people missing out on the wonderful world known as 'outside the charts'.

And I mean hey, come on, I don't want to sound like an arrogant idiot here. I understand that many things are 'popular' because they're bloody good e.g. Galaxy chocolate, marijuana, cups of tea etc. I understand also that the idea of pop now cannot fall into the same category. Some people like this stuff.  Some people like balut (look it up).


No comments:

Post a Comment