Sunday 11 December 2011

Gormandising Gallophil

I cannot submit this 'poem' without my many thanks to my wonderful woman PHOEBE PATIENCE. We sat down one day last year or the year before, we 'erbalists two with my copy of Walker's Rhyming Dictionary from 1924... yes... 1924!! And we came up with this beauty!

Rife with inquisitiveness
I hunted the positiveness
I bedabbled myself with gabble
With many a fribble and hardly a quibble
I swam in the tallow, as knobbly as a mallow
It was vivific.
I rubbed it in my omnifadge.
We were junketing, spunk on the carpeting.

P.S. It's not as dirty as it sounds. Which in my opinion, makes it better :)

I was going to leave this blog entry in my drafts as tonight I've been producing many and storing them up ready to drip them through but I think I might be impatient enough to let this one go tonight, as I did laugh very loudly when I reread the lost old gem. Phoebe Patience, I miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment